Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Scarfs

I learned to crochet years and years ago, when I was 12 or so, but never really got into it. I later, when I was in college, decided that it was something that I really wanted to do. I think that was partially because my roommate Abby used super huge knitting needles and made super cute scarves to sell. So I went out and got one of those crocheting kits and got my first finished crocheted item, the breast cancer awareness scarf.



The next scarf I crocheted was this awesome orange one. My cousin Adina knitted the awesome hat in the picture and I really wanted a scarf to match. And lo and behold one day while wandering the yarn isle at JoAnn's I found the same yarn she had used. Naturally I got enough to make a scarf and now have a super long scarf that matches the hat.



This last scarf I think was originally meant to be a Christmas gift for someone, at least that's what I told myself while buying the yarn. I made it and didn't know who to give it to so now it's hanging out with my other scarves in my closet. It's super soft and frilly.



The really funny thing is I have a ton of cute scarves and no need to wear them anymore. It just doesn't quite get that cold when I'm out and about. I'm sure if I were to do something in the middle of the night when it gets cold I'd use one but luckily I don't have to go out in that type of cold.

No comments: