Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Baby Bumpers

Along with the 2 fitted crib sheets I have also completed the bumper for the crib as well. They were super easy especially since they make padding specifically in the shape for bumpers. I had instructions that I was following but I basically winged it since the crib is wider than a standard crib. I ran into a snag or two but it all worked out in the end. I sealed the pads in using bias tape on the top and the ties all around the edges are the same bias tape.

The main issue that I have with the bumpers is really not with them at all but with the crib. Since the head and foot are solid pieces we still haven't devised a way to be able to tie the bumper to them yet. I've got a couple of ideas but haven't done anything about it yet. Perhaps that will be Andrew's task this weekend. :)

The crib with the fitted sheet and bumpers on looks like a pond.

What it looks like on the outside.

No comments: