Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Bookcase Update

We've been slow with our projects lately. Oh well. We finally got our bookcases painted. We're letting them sit for a while in the garage to cure and then I think we'll put a clear coat of poly finish on them. Originally they were going to go in our office but after talking with a friend and thinking about it for a while they are going to go in our bedroom which will then give us more space in our office. I'm excited to finally bring them inside and get things organized. The pictures make the brown look funny, it's a much nicer darker shade of brown in person.

Car Seat Canopy Blanket

I have been wanting to make one of these for some time now. I discovered with Peter that I really didn't like the built in canopy of my infant car seat. It never stayed up and was just all around annoying. I have just been using a blanket which works but is also annoying it never stays on and if the wind is particularly windy it blows all over the place. So a few months ago my friend Carolyn gave me some super cute fabric that was perfect for a canopy blanket. I found a tutorial and cut out the fabric back in January. My mother-in-law helped me make my own bias tape, which I had never done before, and I quickly sewed it on. It sat until yesterday because I've been so busy and we've all taken our turns being sick. I took off the bias tape and refolded it and got to work. It looks SO much better and I actually finished what I started. :) Here are my pictures. It's reversible and that didn't take too much extra effort but is a nice perk.