Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Projects in Progress

I really like to be able to be a mulitasker but it doesn't always end up the way I want it to. For instance I have quite a few projects that I have started and haven't completed yet. I usually end up working on one project for a while and then need a break from that project and then I start a new project and the same thing happens so I will go back to a different project and that's how I end up with a list like this of partially completed projects.

Partially Completed Projects:
  • Baby Quilt - I am using scraps from the baby bedding and some solid colors to make a nice quilt for the baby. It is sewn together and tied to the batting and the backing all I have to do is self-bind it and I will be done.
  • Crib Ruffle - I have the ruffle panels cut out and the edging/bias tape is on. I don't have a serger so I have to do it by hand and I haven't decided if I want a gather or a pleat. Either way it will be a bit time intensive so I have put it off. Once I decide which style I want it all I have to do is pin it to the base and sew it all together.
  • Baby Room Wall Hangings - I originally decided that I was going to make pillows with scraps from the quilt but then realized that I would have to buy pillows and that was just one more, potentially expensive, thing to buy so I decided that I would do wall hangings instead. I have the doweling and I am going to edge the squares with bias tape that matches the tape used on the bumper and the ruffle and then they will be done.
  • Frog Wrap Blanket - I bought the stuff for this at the same time I got the stuff for the Duck Wrap Blanket. Once I "finished" the duck I started in on the frog but then we were able to move into our house and it has sat dormant for the past couple of months. I am nearly done with it as well. All that needs to be done is for me to sew the eyes on and embroyder the mouth on and it will be done.
  • Grandma Evelyn's Blanket - My Aunt gave my Mom a bunch of my Grandma's old t-shirts and since I have done a quilt out of t-shirts before my Mom gave me the shirts and asked if I would make a quilt for my Grandma. I, of course, said yes and started on it right away, about a year ago. I have most of the t-shirts cut out and I really just need to piece them together, decide what kind of batting and backing I'm going to use and tie it all together.
  • Christmas Presents - I have 3 different projects that I'm working on for Christmas Presents this year. I haven't started any of them except to buy the materials. I'm really excited about what I'm making and will definitely post them all after Christmas time.
  • Thank You Cards - I have a ton of scrapbooking stuff that I haven't really put to use recently. I had my baby shower a month ago and afterwards I realized that I didn't have enought thank you cards to send out, so I decided to make my own; which is actually really fun. I've made most of the cards I really just need to finish writing in them and get them in the mail.
  • Mending - I have a small pile of clothes, etc. that need to be fixed. I think a lot of what I have is resewing buttons, but there are a couple of bigger things to do. I really just need to sit down and get it taken care of.
  • Learn to Make Liquid Soap - A couple of weeks ago, I went to an Enrichment Activity and learned how to make bar soap (I have some curing on top of my fridge right now). I really enjoyed it, but personally I prefer to use liquid soap instead. So I'm going to get together with Lauren (she taught the class) and we're going to make liquid soap. I'm really stinking excited and will be sure to share our experiment with all.
I think that's everything but with my forgetful pregnant brain I very well could be missing something. Either way I have a ton of projects and very little time in which to complete them. Obviously some can wait until after the baby or after Christmas, but then the question is how much longer will they wait? I'm going to be super diligent in trying to complete all of my projects in the next couple of weeks. Some will be easy and others just a bit harder. I'll be sure to keep you updated.

No comments: